From agriculture to zoology and everything in between, fabrics are used in innovative ways to enhance performance and solve problems that many manufacturers face. In fact, textiles are used in ways you might never consider – they’re used in toothbrushes, hair brushes, book bindings, candle wicks, communication lines, circuit boards and a host of other products you most likely use daily.

Even after 70 years in the industry, we are still amazed at some of the ways in which our fabrics are used and the technological advances seen in the processing and finishing of materials. Since we find these applications so interesting, we would like to share them with you. If you follow us on Twitter, @ApexMillsCorp, you will see what we have going on, as well as what’s happening in the industry. It’s another way to keep you informed and up-to-date with the latest news.

In addition to news, we like to provide our followers with little or unknown facts about the industry that help broaden your knowledge and make you say, “I didn’t know that!” #FunWithFabrics tweets are posted once a month and offer facts like “only 35% of American made textiles are made into clothing.” It makes you wonder where the other 65% goes.


The textile industry is multidimensional and involved in many aspects of everyone’s daily life. With our @FunWithFabrics tweets, we hope to share interesting facts that help you understand what we’re all about. For more information about Apex Mills, visit us at